Franklin County Jail - information from a columbus criminal defense attorney
Information about the Franklin County Jail located in Columbus, Ohio.
The Franklin County Sheriff’s Office maintains FCCCI and FCCCII near downtown Columbus. Get information on persons held in custody and how to help get them out of Franklin County and other Central Ohio jails.
*Read the questions below to get an understanding of how to help someone in jail*
If you are trying to help a person in custody at either of Franklin County's two jails, you need to address the following issues:
- Where is the person in custody?
- Use the button on this page to search facilities
- Why is the person in custody?
- Can you post a bond to have them released (and do you need a bail bondsman?)
- Make sure you are not spending more than you have to by speaking to an attorney before you post a bond.
- How do you post a bond?
- Bond money must be posted for arrests at 375 S. High St.-2nd floor at the Clerk's Office unless the warrant is from elsewhere.
- Franklin County default bond schedule here
Franklin County Corrections Center I (FCCCI)
Known as the "main jail," FCCCI is located off South Front Street inside of the Franklin County Government Center which also houses government offices and Courtrooms.
Franklin County Corrections Center II (FCCCII)
Known as “Jackson Pike,” or "the Workhouse," FCCCII is easily visible from interstate 71 South of downtown.