Judicial Release Attorney columbus


Columbus criminal defense attorney Brandon Shroy aggressively advocates for Judicial Release for his clients

Judicial Release is early release from prison that can be granted only by the sentencing Judge, and only upon written motion by the Defendant or the Defendant’s attorney. A Judge does not have unlimited power to let a prisoner out of the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Corrections (ODRC) early so it is important to know what is allowed by law and whether a Defendant has met all eligibility requirements for Judicial Release.

Read here about Ohio Law regarding Judicial Release

Early release from Ohio prison is possible though a process called Judicial Release. Knowing when Judicial Release is available can only be determined by reading the entry written by a judge during sentencing. If there is no mandatory time, a judge may grant early release during the following timeframes:
A sentence of 1 year and 11 months (or less) = Must serve 30 days in prison
A sentence of 4 years and 11 months (or less) = Must serve 6 months prison A sentence of 5 years (or less) = Must serve 4 years in prison

Columbus Criminal Defense Attorney Brandon Shroy has been successfully fighting to protect the rights of Ohio's citizens for 12 years in and around Franklin County. Let him use his experience to get your loved ones out of prison.

JUDICIAL RELEASE CASE RESULT:
CLIENT RELEASED

JR.png

Frequently asked questions about expungement in ohio

What is early release from prison?
Early release from prison is not the same as Judicial Release. Early release must be filed by the ODRC director.

How much time do you get off for good behavior?
80% of the Court sentence must be served, leaving 20% of a sentence potentially eligible for reduction through early release. Judicial release can reduce a sentence by far greater amounts.


brandon-shroy-ohio-expungement-defense-attorney

Brandon Shroy has spent more than a decade defending and winning Judicial Release cases in Central Ohio.

As your attorney, Brandon Shroy will utilize his extensive criminal defense experience and leverage his reputation as an aggressive litigator to fight on your behalf and deliver the best possible outcome.

Brandon practices in all Central Ohio courts including the Federal District Court for the Southern District of Ohio, the Courts of Common Pleas, Municipal courts and Mayor's courts.


NEED HELP? WE'RE HERE FOR YOU.

614-601-1456  |  admin@shroylaw.com
No commitment. All conversations are confidential. Ask us anything.