Columbus Felony Court Date
Franklin County Common Pleas Court
345 S. High Street, Columbus, Ohio 43215
Phone: (614) 525-3453
WHERE TO PARK:
- Metered parking and some street parking in German village, a short walk from the courthouses.
- A garage across the street with a bridge which connects to the 6th floor of the Municipal Court
- A few paying parking lots around the courthouses.
HOW TO KNOW WHICH COURTROOM TO BE IN:
Felonies often have arraignments and preliminary hearings in courtroom 4C of the Municipal Court, but after that point, all proceedings will take place solely in the Common Pleas Court. If your case is a felony that has already been dismissed from Municipal Court, you are in the Common Pleas Court.
- If it is your first court date, you are in courtroom 2A
- After your arraignment in 2A, your case will be assigned to a Judge and you will attend court on floor 3, 4, 5, 6, or 7. Once you are assigned to a Judge, it will not change – you will go to the same courtroom every time unless instructed otherwise.
* Please note that if you are seeking information to appear for the hearing of someone who is in jail and charged with a felony, their Municipal Court arraignment and preliminary hearing will be in courtroom 4D of the Municipal Court, and their felony arraignment will be in courtroom 2B of the Common Pleas Court.